BuzziSpace | The BuzziSwitch
BuzziSpace is launching a completely new and innovative collection that nevertheless stays true to the unique signature style of the brand. The new line combines acoustics, functionality and ecology. The new BuzziSwitch products guarantee for an extremely modular workspace. Since 2007, BuzziSpace has been upgrading workspaces all over the world by making them cooler, more colorful, more sound-proof and more multifunctional. Today, our workspaces are not what they used to be ten years ago: flex working, open space offices and interconnection are the mere basics in a contemporary work environment. BuzziSpace anticipated this trend early on and has successfully adjusted its products accordingly. The new BuzziSwitch collection by designer Sas Adriaenssens – true to the brand since the very beginning, having designed the BuzziZone and the BuzziLight – goes even fur ther because of its extremely high level of modularity.
Always thinking one step ahead
“The BuzziSwitch is a beacon for the language of shape that will gain impor tance in the next decade”, the Belgian designer explains. “The 1930’s, Ar t Deco and the Bauhaus style were the main sources of inspiration for this collection”. Like all other BuzziSpace products, ecology is of primary impor tance to this line. This is clear from the use of materials: acoustic felt made from PET-bottles and recycled wood waste. This way, garbage is transformed into high-end design furniture. BuzziSpace is a key player when it comes to ‘upcycling’. It goes to such lengths that the newly generated waste during the production process of the BuzziSwitch line is again used in a creative way. “Whilst designing, I always think one step ahead: how will we do this, what will we do it with and what are the consequences. As a designer in 2012, you cannot help but think this through thoroughly. What happens to the product after its life cycle has ended has to always be taken into consideration. That is why I always study the possibilities of leftovers – as proven by BuzziSpace there are some highly original outcomes”.
Thinking outside the box
The BuzziSwitch collection consists of an extensive gamma: padded stools, upholstered division walls, seating devices, U-shaped armrests for desks or couches, elegantly shaped yet sound-buffering walls, self adhesive pin boards and a series of classy accessories. Common denominator? Multiple usage. Turning over or moving around the pieces automatically gives them a newfound function and dynamic. For instance, the upholstered U-shape that forms a sofa together with the padded stool, is suitable as a small workspace once turned over. The lounge bed can transform into two (workspace) compar tments if it is combined with the upholstered par tition. Two-or-even-three-for-one furniture pieces: a hint of creativity is definitely allowed at the office! Moreover, the weight of all the products is intentionally kept low to make sure both men and women can transform their workspace into something completely different within a few minutes time. Perfect for multiple business meetings and brainstorm sessions. Inspiration begins with an inspiring workspace and that is exactly the idea that is embodied by BuzziSwitch.
An overview of the BuzziSwitch Collection:
· Padded stools made of eco felt for 1, 3 or 4 people.
· Upholstered squares that can be used both as a back side for the padded stools and as a daybed when placed horizontally. The backside has cutouts to store books or presentation files.
· Upholstered partitions that can be put on the day bed to provide armrest, writing space and compartments for meetings. They also function as an extra large padded stool when put on the floor.
· Upholstered U-shapes that can be used as a side table to place a laptop on.
Once tilted to the side and combined with a padded stool, it functions as a sofa for one person.
· A bended felt division wall that you can mold yourself. This way, it can be used as a dividing element in several different spaces. By folding it double, a soundproof cocoon is constructed. Perfect for exchanging confidential information.
· Self adhesive pin boards, that function as soundproof elements on the wall at the same time.
· Accessories that can be attached to the furniture in different ways, to store gadgets in or to use for presentations.
The designs are constructed in a way that everything fits together perfectly. The measurements are specifically selected to make sure everything can often be rearranged to one’s heart’s content. Playing with blocks for adults!