Veuve Clicquot | Hotel du Marc
After four years of renovations, the 19th century neoclassic private mansion of the House of Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin located in Reims (France), has been entirely restored – from the façade which was severely damaged in the first World War, to the updated interior design.
The renovation work has involved many different talents, ranging from professionals who specialize in historic preservation to artists and renowned designers such as Mathieu Lehanneur, Pablo Reinoso, Fredrikson Stallard and the Campana Brothers.
The Hotel du Marc offers a poetic visual experience that carefully articulates the spirit of Veuve Clicquot through various elements. Examples of these elements include the following:
· Library filled with souvenirs from travels
· Dining room in theatrical black enhanced with gold
· Grand staircase as if in watercolors with the colors of grape
· Wooden banister flowing like the root of a vine
Additional unique visuals include:
· The “Gloriette” by the Campana Brothers
· The room “Once upon a dream” by Mathieu Lehanneur
· The art piece “Portrait” by Fredrikson Stallard
· The “cadre de vie” bench by Pablo Reinoso
· The entrance hall, banister and mirror pleated skirt designed by Bruno Moinard