Hem, the online home for Design Made Easy, launched 9 new product families at the 2015 IMM Cologne The International Interiors Show in Cologne, Germany from 19 January to 25 January and the Stockholm Furniture Fair, Sweden from 3 February to 7 February 2015. Next to these new product families, Hem also presented an overview of the broader Hem collection, which was launched in September 2014.
9 New Product Families
7 Families: Now Available
Brick Poufs by Hem Design Studio
A playful little family of poufs, the Bricks come in three different shapes and a variety of colours and can be used either as a seat or for propping up tired feet. Pick up a few and build your own monument to comfort, Brick by Brick.
Alle XL Table by Staffan Holm
Featuring the same thin, rounded edges as the original Alle table, this extralarge version allows even more guests to sit and marvel at Staffan Holm’s elegant oak design. As with the smaller version, no tools are required for assembly.
Key Coffee Table by GamFratesi
The latest addition to GamFratesi’s Key family, the coffee table is designed both as a companion to the Key side table and as a standalone piece. Like its smaller counterpart, it can be built without tools in around 30 seconds as the name Key suggests, it’s just a case of locking in the legs and you’re done but the solid ash table top has been extended to an eyecatchingly vast degree.
Pal Bar Stool by Hallgeir Homstvedt
The Pal bar stool retains all the advantages of the low stool easy assembly, lightweight sturdiness, affordability while its extra height makes it perfect for bars and restaurants as well as kitchen counters. Designed by Hallgeir Homstvedt, the slender, curved legs were inspired by skateboardmaking techniques and attach to the curved base through an ingenious Xshaped joint. The metal bracket on the legs makes for added strength and stability.
Abstract, Grid, and Juxta Storage by Hem Design Studio
Meticulously researched, developed and made in Europe by our master craftsmen, the Abstract, Grid and Juxta shelves are designed specifically to match your everyday needs, whether displaying books, art and ornaments, providing a place for your TV or offering extra storage space. Available to buy in the standard model, they can also be customised using our design tool. A variety of colours and finishes are on offer to help you create your ideal bespoke piece.
2 Families: Preview (Launching On site In February)
Palo Sofa by Hem Design Studio
The ultimate sofa/day bed, Palo can be transformed into something new every day. Thanks to an innovative frame featuring removable struts, its cushions and armrests can be easily added, removed or rearranged to fit your mood. It comes in four variations: a singleseater, a twoseater, a corner sofa and an ottoman. Available in three different colours, the cushions and armrests are compatible across the whole
series, allowing you to mix and match as much as you like.
Alle Coffee Tables by Staffan Holm
The latest addition to the Alle family, the coffee table comes in five colours and three sizes, and features the distinctive rounded edges and solidoak
finish of its larger relatives. Designed by Staffan Holm and perfected by our design team in Helsinki, it can be assembled easily without the need for tools and allows you to enjoy Alle’s unique charm from the comfort of your sofa.
The Broader Collection
● Lift Shelf by Staffan Holm
● Vinkel Mirror by Nicole Losos & Nikolaus Kayser
● Bliss Corded Rug by Evan Clabots & Anne Lopez
● Basketweave Rug by Evan Clabots & Anne Lopez
● Verso Shelf by Mikko Halonen
● Hai Chair & Ottoman by Luca Nichetto
● Bento Chair by Form Us With Love
● Levels Lamps by Form Us With Love
● Kuu Lamps by Kerstin Sylwan & Jenny Stefansdotter
● Pal Low Stool by Hallgeir Homstvedt
● Storm Cushions by Sylvain Willenz
● Scribble Cushions by Sylvain Willenz
● Bowling Bowls by Skogstad, Homstvedt, Anderssen & Voll
● Stack Hooks by Isaac Krady
How We Do It. Our vision is a Hem in every home for Hem products to be a central part of peoples’ lives around the world. We achieve this through our five principles:
1. Original Designs. We dare to dream up new ways to live. We team up with the most exciting designers of today to create a new generation of original furniture and interior accessories.
2. Craftsmanship. Our products are developed in our Helsinki workshop. This is where we obsess over materials and finishes to create products you’ll want to hold on to for a very long time. We manufacture in the best factories in Europe to the highest quality standards.
3. Affordable Prices. We believe great design shouldn’t cost a fortune. We work directly with the best factories around the world to manufacture highquality products at affordable prices. We cut out the middlemen to offer the best possible prices.
4. Make it Your Own. When it comes to interior design, one size does not always fit all. That’s why we have created easytouse online customization tools that allow you to be the designer. Customers have literally thousands of customization options on Hem.com and you’ll be amazed at what they design.
5. No Hassle. Browse and buy our entire collection online. Shop with confidence thanks to our innovations in speedy delivery, easy assembly, and outstanding customer service.
Hem is Design Made Easy. Hem is the first global, verticallyintegrated, online design studio, offering original, highquality modern designs, with masscustomization options and easy assembly solutions, in a consumerdirect model, at affordable prices for everyday consumers.
The entire Hem collection can be purchased online at Hem.com and most items are instock and ready to ship fast to customers direct from Hem’s warehouses in Europe and in the United States. The Hem collection currently includes 34 product families and 178 SKUs. Thousands more product options are available through Hem’s online customization features.
Some of the designers who collaborate with Hem to create original Hem designs include: Luca Nichetto, Form Us With Love, GamFratesi, Staffan Holm, and Hallgeir Homstvedt. You can view an online feed of recent customer purchases at http://hem.com/engb/ popular products. Hem launched on September 30, 2014 and has already shipped thousands of products to customers in more than 40 countries. Hem has 150 employees across its Berlin, Helsinki, New York, Pune, Stockholm, and Warsaw offices.Hem Design Made Easy