ENO, a French company, is launching LA PLANCHA® in North America: A true revolution in outdoor cooking.
LA PLANCHA® is a cooking appliance composed of a smooth enamelled cast-iron surface for searing foods – a cooking method that preserves their flavour through caramelization of juices. This “cooking by contact” style has been growing in popularity for a number of years in France, as it meets consumers’ culinary expectations: rapid cooking, delicious taste, healthy fat-free dishes, and easy to clean.
Currently used by many chefs throughout Europe, LA PLANCHA® has landed in North America – and at Jardin de Ville in Québec – and is catching on fast because of all the advantages it offers. The great chefs see LA PLANCHA® as an essential tool for producing tasty, light dishes.
LA PLANCHA® takes outdoor cooking to new heights. By uniting ergonomics and healthy eating, design and high-quality materials, LA PLANCHA® is defined as the art of gourmet cooking simplified in the garden, on the balcony, or even on the aft deck of a boat. Made for sharing pleasure, LA PLANCHA® brings cook and guests together around a festive feast.
- Healthy, diet-conscious fat-free cooking thanks to the sheet of enamelled cast iron (no contact with flame).
- Delicious results thanks to the appliance’s heating power (680° F): foods are seared – crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside – and keep their taste and visual appeal. You will reach the Maillard reaction after 13-14 minutes of preheats.
- Easy and inventive cooking: you can cook anything, from meats, vegetables, fish, and seafood to fruit (casseroles and double-boiling), and the appliance is ready for cooking very quickly (heats in 5 minutes).
- Quick, easy cleaning with water and no toxic detergents (ENO advocates the use of Plancha Cleaner, a 100% natural clay-based product).
- People-friendly cooking: unlike a barbecue, LA PLANCHA® brings people together because there is no unpleasant smoke to avoid. Everyone can participate and make taste gourmet recipes.
Because the cooking appliances, designed and manufactured by ENO for LA PLANCHA®, are sturdy and reliable, many professionals have adopted them:
- Thick (7 mm) cast-iron sheet, moulded with high anti-spatter rim. Cast iron is a very strong material that does not warp and ensures optimal heat distribution.
- Smooth cooktop thanks to multilayer enamel: made with a century’s experience and know-how, the LA PLANCHA® enamel lets you cook all types of foods and follow one dish with another because the enamel does not retain odours. Because it is waterproof, it protects the cast-iron surface from oxidation and makes cleaning easy.
- High-precision burners: perfect heat distribution on the surface at a temperature up to 680° F thanks to the powerful burners (models available: 1, 2, or 3 burners)
- Inclinable surface: LA PLANCHA® adapts to any terrain and the cooking juices drain easily into the grease collector thanks to adjustable back legs.
- Fuelled by propane, butane, or natural gas (kit)
- Product labelled Made in France. Warranty: BVCert.6012057
- Recommended retail price before taxes, CA$799 to CA$1,199, depending on the model
- Distributed in Canada by Jardin de Ville
Special thanks to v2com.biz!