COEN! made the new interior design for the head office of the National Broadcasting Channel, located in three existing, dark buildings at the Media Park in Hilversum: this office space was re-created by COEN! to form a light, colourful and attractive working environment, with an ambience appropriate to a media concern.
The design was based on the following points of departure:
– The specific identity of the National Broadcasting Channel is evident throughout the head office.
– All three buildings have been integrated to form a coherent and recognizable environment.
– The characteristic items used for the design are at the interface between applied and autonomous art.
– The interior design is timeless with colourful accents.
– In spite of the limited budget available, it was possible to create a powerful concept.
In 2006 COEN! redesigned the TV test picture to symbolize the National Broadcasting Channel. The well-known test picture was translated into colourful art forms on wall panels and window accessories throughout the media building.
Based on the same design, a series of 16 colourful giclees was produced, which when taken together form the complete test picture.
Designer: COEN! design agency | Coen van Ham
Material: Giclee on paper, series of 16
Format: Paper 500 x 700 mm, print 300 x 400, numbered
Number made: 50
Pictures: COEN! design agency