Downtown Taipei, Fronting “The Da-An Park” 23 hectares of metropolitan park which is the largest urban park in southern Taipei. This district features conventional residential area of low-rise buildings.
- highest “FAR” + massive volume: Highest “FAR”( 630%, bonus included ) for residential projects in commercial zone within the vicinity of Taipei. This circumstance creates a “massive” building volume in the low-rise neighborhood situated in the park\residential context.
– MRT with active public access vs. privacy demand by private housing: A station for the “Metropolitan rapid transit” is situated on site to be integrated with the private housing at ground level.
- 360°Panorama view of the city.
– “Rhythmic motion in vertical shaft”: to break down the building volume in order to reduce the impact of the massive scale for the surroundings.
– Wind breaker cylinder: establish corner cylinders in form in order to reduce the turbulence at pedestrian level due to the wind pressure produced by the tall volumes of buildings.
-Corner parks at ground level: create open space and gardens to integrate public and private domain through a framework of scale-down corner parks with intimate atmosphere in serenity.
Architect: Stonehenge Architects International
Project name: CMP Residential Tower